Information to Windows 8
- The bridge programs run on a "normal" Windows 8 (with Intel or AMD processors, on tablet PCs specifically with the Intel Atom processor) in the same way as on Windows 7.
On Windows 8 RT (with ARM processors) however, the programs do not run.
- After you have installed a program on Windows 8, please note:
- The "Start" Button is replaced by "all apps" below the metro user interface, here there are also the entries for the bridge programs, in addition to the entries on the metro user interface itself and as icon in the desktop view.
- To keep the overview on the metro user interface you can remove the update and uninstall entries for the bridge programs:
Right hand mouse button, followed by "delete from start".
(The entries below "all apps" are not concerned by this action.)
- When you select an item in the help menu of the bridge program and you are asked
with which application it should be opened,
then choose "Wordpad".
- There is a Windows 8 version "N" whose characteristic is that the Windows media player is not pre-installed.
This version will probably be used only on company PCs.
However, if you do have such a PC then the recommendation is that you install the media player first before you install a bridge program (with spoken explanations).
Q-plus Software GmbH, Heisenbergweg 44, 85540 Haar/München, Germany.